The term “green” is used a lot these days in reference to being environmentally-responsible. But what does this really mean? Most importantly, it signifies the dedication to make choices that will have as little negative impact on the environment as possible.
At Miller’s, we’ve taken several steps to be as eco-friendly as possible in the daily operation of our lab. What does this mean for us, exactly? We’re glad you asked…
- We recycle any and all cardboard.
- We reuse packaging boxes internally.
- Any consumable printer and press parts used and/or purchased are refurbished.
- Non-recyclable waste is sourced so it may be handled in the most environmentally-conscious way possible.
- Released Premium Cotton paper. Manufactured from 100% reclaimed cotton, this paper is tree free, archival, acid free, recyclable, biodegradable and elemental chlorine free.
- Released Premium Bamboo paper, a tree-free fine art paper, it’s biodegradable, recyclable, chlorine and acid free.
- Released 100% Recyclable paper. Manufactured from 100% post-consumer waste, this paper is an FSC certified sheet that is biodegradable, recyclable and acid free.
No matter what the action, big or small, every little thing that we can do on a day-to-day basis will make a positive impact for the Earth. What are you doing within your studio to be more green? Whatever the steps you’re taking, bravo and keep up the good work!